Ridgeview Board approves Lexington co-op without Blue Ridge

FARMER CITY — The Ridgeview School Board has voted to extend a football co-operative with Lexington but not Blue Ridge, the Blue RIdge School Board learned this week.

Board President Justin Otto read a statement noting that a Tuesday night Ridgeview Board vote ended in a 5-2 margin to go ahead with a two-way co-op with Lexington and Ridgeview. The vote to include Blue Ridge in the co-op was tabled.

“We are extremely disappointed with the outcome of this process, though we understand that boards of education must make the decisions that are in the best interest of their students,”  Otto read in a statement to the board.

The Blue Ridge board voted last month to extend the three-way co-op two more years, but that extension now looks all but dead.

Lexington still needs to approve the two-way team, then the Heart of Illinois Conference would need to do so as well.

Blue Ridge Principal John Lawrence attended the Ridgeview school board meeting and said the decision “doesn’t sit well.”

“It was completely unexpected...really a shame” he said. “We helped them out...now they have pretty much slammed the door in our face.”

Lawrence has begun the process of calling other schools in other districts to see if they are in need of a co-op partner.

In his statement, Otto said one apparent hang-up was that adding Blue Ridge would make the team elligible for a larger class of football playoffs.

In the previous two years of the co-op, the schools did not record a win.

“We will continue to keep  the board and the public updated on any new developments,” Otto said.

Comments

Leroy Farmer City Press embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. we reserve the right to remove any comment at its discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments

AsharSeo wrote on February 02, 2016 at 1:02 am
Profile Picture

I just thought it May be an idea to post encase anyone else Was Having problems Researching purpose I am a little unsure if I am allowed to put names and addresses on here...

AsharSeo wrote on February 04, 2016 at 12:02 am

The Achievable Body scam

peterseo wrote on February 07, 2016 at 4:02 am
Profile Picture

Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too... customized postcard

peterseo wrote on February 09, 2016 at 2:02 am
Profile Picture

Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too.. lifted kulture

peterseo wrote on February 17, 2016 at 6:02 am
Profile Picture

has become much more interesting as you should click here for free roblox robux and you will find playing . ampa tampa floridas best plastic surgeon

jackshun wrote on March 02, 2016 at 6:03 am

The most important step in pricing is to make sure web development  the potential design company outline all of the prices associated with Web Design the work and puts it all in writing.

khas wrote on March 07, 2016 at 4:03 am

Like a fairytale weaved and spun with magic threads, the story of KHAS started with a dream over half a century back. A subsidiary of the Sadaqat Group, that has won respect and awards all over the world, the vision of Khas is to make the same quality available here in Pakistan. DIGITAL PRINT LAWN silk collection

jackshun wrote on March 07, 2016 at 6:03 am

The key though is to have the right combination & Web Design not be too overloaded with stocks, which can indeed be pretty risky.

Web Development

peterseo wrote on March 08, 2016 at 4:03 am
Profile Picture

It's so true though, you can never take too many photos. I worked hard to document my time in Europe, taking a lot of pictures. Now that I'm back, I wish I would have taken even more

judi bola

peterseo wrote on March 16, 2016 at 5:03 am
Profile Picture

You actually make it look so easy with your performance but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never comprehend

Club Flyers

peterseo wrote on March 17, 2016 at 4:03 am
Profile Picture

I hope that it doesn't disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say

online promotions

peterseo wrote on March 21, 2016 at 4:03 am
Profile Picture

I wish more authors of this type of content would take the time you did to research and write so well. I am very impressed with your vision and insight

peterseo wrote on March 27, 2016 at 3:03 am

club flyer backgrounds

peterseo wrote on April 02, 2016 at 1:04 am
Profile Picture

but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. we reserve the right to remove any comment at its discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user . useful reference

peterseo wrote on April 02, 2016 at 2:04 am

blog

peterseo wrote on April 06, 2016 at 2:04 am

Flyers

peterseo wrote on April 09, 2016 at 2:04 am
Profile Picture

It a great idea to purchase travel cover before you begin any holiday Although your blueprints are rather safe just like driving while in the countryside plus picnicking, you require travel insurance cover

peterseo wrote on April 13, 2016 at 5:04 am
Profile Picture

It should be the one of the best article thank you so much and gives me more info. Actually I am using and sharing your article

he said

peterseo wrote on April 18, 2016 at 1:04 am
Profile Picture

it should be the one of the best article thank you so much and gives me more info. Actually I am using and sharing your article

cleaningtonicreview.com

davidjohn90 wrote on April 18, 2016 at 11:04 pm

Your contents provide me a lot of creative suggestions that I can seemingly utilize on my web page too. Istvan Loh Wye Lung

davidjohn wrote on May 07, 2016 at 3:05 pm
Profile Picture

Very helpful my friend. Also great blog here with all of the valuable information you have. Keep up the good work you are doing here. trucchi hungry shark evolution

peterseo wrote on May 14, 2016 at 1:05 am
Profile Picture

I was ready for anything like this…I positioned the thought quiet exciting, with any luck, you possibly can maintain adding just like blogs

trucos boom beach