- Our Sites
- The News-Gazette
- NewsTalk 1400 WDWS-AM
- Lite Rock 97.5 WHMS
- 107.9 WKIO
- Community News
1. Contest Dates July 1, 2015 thru July 31, 2015, with weekly prizes awarded. A total of $250 will be awarded during the contest period. The $250 will be broken down into 5 weekly drawings of $50.00 per week.
Period 1: Fake ad 1: ad will run Friday, July 3, 2015, drawing for the winner will be held on Friday, July 10, 2015 at 4:00 pm
Period 2: Fake Ad 2: Ad will run Friday, July 10, 2015, drawing for the winner will be held on Friday, July 17, 2015 at 4:00 pm
Period 3: Fake Ad 3: Ad will run Friday, July 17, 2015, drawing for the winner will be held on Friday, July 24, 2015 at 4:00 pm.
Period 4: Fake Ad 4: Ad will run Friday, July 24, 2015, drawing for the winner will be held on Friday, July 31, 2015 at 4:00 pm
Period 5: Fake Ad 5: Ad will run Friday, July 31 2015, drawing for the winner will be held on Friday, August 7, 2015 at 4:00 pm
2. An obviously fake line ad will run in classified each week. The purpose of the contest is for readers to find the ad, and submit the ad to the Leroy-Farmer City Press Classified Department. A winner will be selected, by a random drawing from all correct entries submitted. One $50.00 prize will be awarded, per week to the name drawn. Entrants can win only one time.
3. A different ad will run each week, for 5 consecutive weeks, in different classifications.
4. A $50.00 weekly prize will be awarded, to one winner.
5. Entries must include the contestants name, address, email address, phone number, and a copy of the fake ad submitted on the official LeRoy-Farmer City Press entry form. The official entry form will appear each week in the Leroy-Farmer City Press classified section or a copy may be picked up at the Mahomet Citizen, 303 E Main St, Mahomet, IL Entries may be submitted by US Mail, Fax, email or dropped off at the Mahomet Citizen, 303 E Main Street, Mahomet, Il. 61853, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 9:00 – 4:00 pm, Thursday: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm,
Entries sent via the US Postal Service, should be sent to:
Fake Ad Contest
Leroy Farmer-City Press
PO Box 919
Mahomet, IL 61853
Faxed entries should be faxed to: 217-586-4821
email entries should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. All entries for each period must be received before the date of the drawing for that period in order to be eligible for that week’s drawing. Leroy Farmer-City Press is not responsible for entries received after deadlines.
7. Prizes will be mailed to winners.
8. No purchase required.
9. Employees of The News-Gazette, Inc., News-Gazette Community Newspapers and D.W.S., Inc. and their immediate household, i.e. people who live in the same household as the employee, are not eligible to win.
10. Decisions of The News-Gazette, Inc. on all matters concerning this contest, including, but not limited to, the verification of a winner, the interpretation of these rules, or the creation of further rules, are final and binding on all parties. Interpretation of rules or creation of further rules can have retroactive effect.